Network Access for PBS Vehicles.
General Access for PBS Level 1 Vehicle Approval
Operators holding a PBS Vehicle Approval stating Level 1 can drive without any permit on General Access at GML weights (up to 42.5 tonnes) provided the vehicle:
- Has a PBS Level 1 Vehicle Approval
- Does not exceed GML mass limits (i.e. 42.5 tonners)
- Complies with all Level 1 conditions of its PBS Vehicle Approval
- Is no longer than 20 m
- Is not a Bus, B-Double or Road Train
- General Access under the national mass and loading arrangement, are vehicles with unrestricted access to the road system except where a road or a bridge sign is posted otherwise.
To know more on General Access for PBS Level 1 Vehicle Approval holders, visit the NHVR.
PBS Level 1 and 2A Truck and Dog Gazette Notice
Operators holding a Truck and Dog PBS Vehicle Approval stating Level 1 and/or 2A can operate without any permit under: The National Class 2 PBS Level 1 & 2A Truck and Dog Trailer Authorisation Notice 2016 (No.1), provided the vehicle:
- Has a PBS Vehicle Approval
- Operates on the PBS Level 1 or 2A Network
- Complies with Tier 1 Bridge weights
- Complies with all other conditions in the NHVR notice
To know more on the PBS Level 1 or 2A Truck and Dog Gazette Notice, visit the NHVR.